Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Swing

This game called life throws many curve balls. The important thing is your response. Swing or not swing. I've learned that no matter what type of ball is thrown at me, i will always go out swinging. Some may say it is sheer stupidity to swing at every ball, others may say it's sheer bravery to come across the plate and swing with determination. What some may say means nothing to me. If i swing one hundred percent of the time and only fifty percent of the balls thrown are curved, i still have at least a fifty percent chance I'll hit one out of the park. So hit or miss, i will go out swinging.

Cold chains against my hands, a sense of relief with every undying, ever powerful push. Feeling as though my life is a never ending music video with the climax on repeat. All my worries fade away. The wind on my face, my eyes lifted towards the sky. I'll go out swinging.

It seems as though i best write when im going through something tough. That would explain why Edgar Allen Poe was so good, and John Steinbeck, and just about every other great writer. It sometimes takes an emotional break down to produce a great piece of work. I find this similar with how God works. He takes us through an emotional breaking process to refine us, so that we may be the best we were created to be. God is, after all, the greatest of all authors. I can only learn from the best.

1 comment:

Sarah-Jane Melnychuk said...

Wow ... well you just inspired me!

btw ... ur missed by this Canadian born sister.

SJ<><